Mobility Tax Senior Consultant, People Advisory Services, Sydney
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
We are looking for a Senior Consultant within the Mobility Tax team in our Sydney office. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
Your key responsibilities
- Liaise with global corporate client contacts to provide planning strategies for their globally mobile employees
- Manage individual tax compliance programs on a variety of client engagements
- Research and analysis of a wide range of cross border income tax issues (including the identification of employee and employer tax planning opportunities)
- Provide advice relating to pre-departure and repatriation tax planning
- Support Australian tax consultations for our clients’ inbound and outbound employees
- Work with EY offices across the globe to assist with our clients’ needs
Skills and attributes for success
- 2-3 years’ experience in global mobility advisory, including tax advisory and corporate policy development
- Experience with Australian individual income tax compliance and advisory, expatriate taxes and tax equalisation concepts
- Excellent communication skills, keen desire for knowledge, and the ability to multi-task
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience with employment Taxes – FBT, Payroll, Workcover, PAYG Withholding, Superannuation Guarantee and Salary Packaging would also be highly desirable
- Experience in Compensation Accumulation or Employee Share Plans and shadow payroll services would also be advantageous
- Experience with the application of International Tax Agreements
Who are People Advisory Services?
EY’s People Advisory Services (PAS) believes a better working world is helping our clients harness their people agenda — the right people, with the right capabilities, in the right place, for the right cost. Our professionals focus on strategic talent initiatives connected to Transformations, Mobile Talent, Transactions & Workforce Enablement with companies of all sizes, life cycles, and complexities. Learn more about PAS here – https://www.ey.com/au/aboutpeopleadvisory
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times – https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges (https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
Who we are
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer (https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
To submit your application please click here.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
Published by: The Employee Mobility Institute, August 2019